Saturday, March 8, 2008

The right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

I support the right of law-abiding citizens to bear arms. I believe that every State should allow its residents to carry concealed firearms in public (with some exceptions). The only form of "gun control" I support, is government measures to ensure that those citizens who are carrying concealed firearms are not convicted felons, mentally ill, chemically intoxicated/dependent, or untrained in the use of firearms and state laws pertaining to deadly force. I exercise my right to carry concealed firearms and I am properly trained in both the use of firearms and in the laws of deadly force. I realize that my opinion about firearms might differ greatly from some folks. I respect their opinions but I dissent. I enjoy target shooting and hunting and I feel that I have a duty to protect myself and my family if the situation called for it.

No comments: